Cephalalgia or headache is a fairly common occurrence in a person’s life; almost everyone has encountered this unpleasant sensation. For most, the problem is solved simply by taking pain relievers. However, this is a rather dangerous technique, because such a symptom may not speak of fatigue, but of a serious illness.
If a person often has a pain on the top of the head or responds with an unpleasant sensation when pressed at one point to the right or left, affecting the neck as well, then the doctor will help to understand what this means and why it is happening. After a thorough examination, examination. Self-medication in such a case will cause a worsening of the condition.
Feelings, such as a headache in the region of the crown on the left or right, a feeling of pressure in the back of the head, are extremely unpleasant. And everyone tries to get rid of them in the usual way: take a pill.
When cephalalgia is caused by temporary exposure to external factors, the use of analgesics is a justified decision. Pain reliever leads to, albeit temporary, but a positive result.
However, if other signs of ill health occur along with the pain in the head, the right decision is to go to the hospital. Since even after taking medications, a person’s condition can deteriorate sharply.
- Sudden mental abnormalities.
- There are drops in blood pressure.
- With pressure on the crown, the pain sensations increase.
- There is a strong burning sensation.
- There is nausea, vomiting.
- Dizziness, passing into a light-headed state.
- Unsteadiness of gait.
- Episodes of falls, convulsions.
- Loss of control or sensitivity in the limb area.
- Temperature increase.
- Drying of the mucous membrane in the oral cavity.
- Problems with orientation in space.
- Memory losses.
Both the influence of external factors and the development of diseases of the brain, skull, and other parts of the body can lead to the occurrence of cephalalgia in the crown region.
Ophthalmoplegic migraine may occur with similar manifestations .
Our body is a complex mechanism. The health balance can be disturbed by a phenomenon that seems at first glance not dangerous.
It happens that the head often hurts in the region of the crown on the left or right, the entire left or right side of the skull due to ordinary things:
- Hunger. Due to a decrease in blood sugar levels, discomfort occurs in the crown of the head, which disappears immediately after replenishing the lack of carbohydrates.
- Lack of caffeine in a person who is used to drinking a lot of coffee every day.
- An unhealthy lifestyle that includes regular consumption of alcohol, nicotine, sweets, and fatty foods with supplements such as monosodium glutamate.
- Some products with a specific composition cause extremely unpleasant sensations in the crown area.
- Excessive alcohol consumption, leading to swelling of the membranes of the brain, hangover.
- Poisoning with chemicals.
- Inflammation in the area of the jaw bones and teeth.
- Diseases of the nasal cavities.
- Chronic and acute stress, causing nervous strain.
- Depression, being in a depressed mood.
In such cases, getting rid of the problem is not difficult: you need to exclude the negative factor from the usual way of life.
Diseases and pathologies
It is more difficult to cope with secondary pain, which signals the onset of a disease of internal organs and systems.
The right or left side of the crown of the head, seizing the zones on the right or on the left, can be very painful with the following pathologies:
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, cervicogenic pain. Including post-traumatic. With the development of such a disease, problems with the vascular system arise in the neck area. The blood supply to the brain is disrupted. Painful sensations gradually spread from the crown of the head throughout the head, to the shoulder area.
- Traumatic brain injury. Pain syndrome can occur a week after the injury. In this case, unpleasant sensations can be both constant and periodically fading.
- Neoplasms of the brain or its membranes, benign and malignant. In both cases, cephalalgia is permanent, manifested by pulsation, worsening in the morning, after exercise, or against the background of fluid accumulation.
- Arterial hypertension. Chronically high blood pressure leads to problems in the blood circulation in the brain. In addition, against the background of the disease, hypertensive crises, hemorrhages are possible. Therefore, the problem must be solved under the supervision of a cardiologist, therapist.
- Allergies or manifestations of dermatitis. If cephalalgia manifests itself only when you touch the scalp, then with a high probability, the basis of the problem is any agent used in this area that causes such an active reaction. In most cases, it is enough to remove the allergen and the problem will be solved.
To establish the symptoms of which a severe headache becomes in the region of the crown, crown, to the right of the center of the head, what influenced this and what reasons became decisive, and therefore prescribe treatment, the doctor can only after a thorough examination.
At the first visit, the neurologist will conduct a general analysis of the patient’s condition. Draw up a survey plan. If necessary, he will redirect to a doctor of the appropriate profile.
Diagnosis when such symptoms appear is carried out in several stages:
- Initial examination, collection of anamnesis. It is important for the doctor to learn not only about the symptoms that have manifested, but also about the external factors accompanying this, the conditions under which the pain intensifies. The possibility of the influence of chronic diseases is also being studied.
- Consultations with narrow specialists to identify a list of necessary studies.
- Laboratory blood tests.
- Hardware studies of the state of the brain, cervical spine, circulatory system: MRI and CT of the brain, X-ray examination of the cervical spine, ECG of the heart.
Based on the results, it will become clear why the crown, forehead and crown of the head or the entire crown of the head hurt. The doctor will then be able to determine the most effective therapy.
Therapy is prescribed only after a complete examination.
The doctor will tell you what to do if the top of the head constantly hurts and presses very badly, the skin in this area is on top, periodically nauseous, from which other symptoms appear, treatment is prescribed depending on the cause, age, gender of the patient.
The method of providing assistance depends on whether the pain is primary or secondary. If discomfort occurs due to lifestyle or the influence of external factors, the following are used:
- Pain relievers and drugs to relieve spasms. It is imperative to use exactly the medication indicated by the attending physician.
- Changes in daily routine or habits. Minimizing the impact of external negative factors that lead to the manifestation of symptoms plays a major role in getting rid of pain.
- Undergoing a course of physiotherapy procedures such as laser therapy, extremely high frequencies. The sessions restore disturbed processes in the body, remove the consequences of negative effects.
- Compliance with the selected daily routine.
- Relaxation procedures, as stress and nervous exhaustion often become the reason for a sharp headache at the top of the head.
The result of such an integrated approach will not be long in coming. The patient gets rid of discomfort in 7-14 days. When the case is severe, the time to achieve the result is increased.
Throughout subsequent life, in order for the symptoms not to return, the patient will need preventive measures.
If the head hurts on the right or left in the region of the crown every day, showing the presence of internal pathology, then the treatment is primarily carried out to eliminate the disease. In this case, the treatment program is prescribed depending on the identified disease and related factors.
Since the causes of headaches in the crown region or the parts of the head closest to it are different, then various methods are used:
- Medication approach. The course includes pain relievers, but only as an anti-symptomatic agent that does not have a particular effect on the treatment of the cause of the condition.
- Physiotherapy procedures that help to normalize the physiological state of the patient, variously affecting the pathology that has arisen.
- Surgical intervention is prescribed when conservative treatment will obviously not give the desired result.
Regardless of the cause of the headache in the crown of the head, you need to remember about the inadmissibility of self-medication. Even if some methods give a temporary positive effect. Drowning the pain with folk remedies or self-chosen medicines, you run the risk of not noticing a gradually developing serious illness.