Vegetovascular dystonia is a syndrome of disorders of the nervous regulation of internal organs. Distributed among adults and children. One of the most frequent and at the same time dangerous symptoms of VSD, are jumps in blood pressure from high to low.
Because of the unpredictability of seizures, it is difficult to establish an initially normal BP level in people with this disorder. Accordingly, it is impossible to maintain the desired indicators.
At the very beginning of the pathology, instability occurs in a stressful situation. Over time, such phenomena cease to be attached to external influences and arise for no obvious reason. In the absence of treatment or against the background of self-medication, there is a threat of serious cardiovascular diseases.
Vegetovascular dystonia and pressure go hand in hand, since the vegetative regulates the activity of the heart and blood vessels.
A sudden decrease in vascular tone at the time of emotional experiences is one of the signs of a hypotonic type of VSD. For others, this is a swoon.
Hypotension can be triggered by:
- hormonal instability, typical for women;
- strong feelings;
- excessive physical and emotional stress;
- lack of sleep;
- severe stress.
Simultaneously with the change in blood pressure, other symptoms appear:
- nausea, dizziness;
- Strong headache;
- blurred vision;
- pain in the region of the heart;
- light-headedness, fainting;
- numbness of the limbs, feeling of cold;
- feeling short of breath;
- inability to focus on the task at hand.
If at least one of the symptoms described appears, you need to measure your blood pressure. And take measures to improve your well-being, as there is a risk of fainting and serious injury.
If a seizure breaks out while driving, it is good practice to park and wait.
Increased pressure with VSD
Slightly high or very high blood pressure with vegetative vascular dystonia (VVD) is one of the typical signs of a crisis.
This is how one of the most common types of autonomic disorders manifests itself – hypertensive. Leaving it unattended or trying to treat it yourself is dangerous. Because over time, it transforms into high-grade hypertension and can lead to stroke or myocardial infarction.
For the hypertensive type of vegetative vascular dystonia, symptoms are characteristic:
- darkening in the eyes, flies;
- headaches, mainly in the occipital region;
- hyperhidrosis – throws into sweat;
- memory impairment;
- insomnia or excessive sleepiness;
- irritability, unmotivated aggression;
- impaired coordination of movements.
It is noticeable that both variants of dystonia described above have common symptoms: weakness, dizziness, memory problems, etc. Therefore, it is necessary to measure the pressure at the time of the attack, enter the readings in a special diary. The best thing is to control blood pressure yourself, twice a day.
Initially manifested only in moments of severe stress, over time, pressure surges are transformed into an independent pathology.
Alarming, since in one day the patient can experience surges in blood pressure with dysfunction of the VSD, both upward and downward.
Swing blood pressure is not only detrimental to the physical condition of the body. They interfere with the selection of drugs to stabilize the indicators.
Treated mixed disorder is not easy. Since in order to choose a therapy, it is necessary to correctly establish the type of pathology.
Whether the VSD in this case has anything to do with high or low blood pressure, why specifically it rises, the doctor understands after a series of studies.
One visit to the doctor will not work. The patient will need a comprehensive examination of the body and consultations with specialized specialists: cardiologist, neurologist, psychologist, endocrinologist.
At the first examination, the doctor will try to diagnose the cause of the painful condition. In parallel, he will prescribe tests and procedures:
- Blood and urine tests. Interested in the level of hormones in women if the onset of VSD coincided with pregnancy, puberty or the onset of menopause.
- Consultation with specialist specialists based on initial symptoms and complaints.
- Study of the state of blood vessels, heart, brain.
- Consultation with a psychologist.
Instrumental techniques provide valuable information: CT and MRI of the brain, neck vessels. An ultrasound of the heart is shown. For selected patients, Holter monitoring.
After research, excluding possible diseases and pathologies, the doctor will be able to deliver vegetative vascular dystonia of the appropriate type. Although such a diagnosis cannot be found in ICD-10, therapeutic measures need to be taken. The goal of therapy is to get rid of pressure surges and the syndrome in general.
VSD refers to disorders caused by psycho-emotional instability. Therefore, getting rid of its symptoms with conventional drugs for hypertension will not work.
First, sedatives are used, and only after the cause of poor health has been completely eliminated, they move on to getting rid of the consequences of sudden changes in pressure, stabilizing it at average values.
Therefore, an algorithm is drawn up for complex treatment of VSD, taking into account the characteristics of a particular patient. This is necessary to get rid of the cause, and not just the consequences in the form of pressure surges.
To strengthen and stabilize the autonomic nervous system, both drug and non-drug therapy are used.
I am a text block. Click the edit button to change this text. Diverse and rich experience, constant quantitative growth and the scope of our activity require us to analyze positions.
Effective means are:
- Psychotherapy, which allows you to accurately identify the cause of the development of pathology, get rid of it, learn to respond to stress, rebuild your attitude to the world and yourself.
- Bioresonance therapy affecting the human electromagnetic field.
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation and peripheral.
- Acupuncture, acupressure.
- Massages of the cervical, collar zone.
- Special complexes of exercise therapy.
- Physical activity, doing light sports that do not require serious physical exertion: running, swimming, cycling.
- Improvement of nutrition.
- Refusal from bad habits: cigarettes, alcohol, overeating.
If necessary, medications are used to improve the functioning of the nervous system, relieve stress:
- means for improving the condition of the cardiovascular system.
After recovery and stabilization of the numbers on the tonometer, you need to regularly engage in prophylaxis.