Bimatoprost is a synthetic analogue of natural prostaglandins.
In medicine, this class of chemicals is used to reduce intraocular pressure; Bimatoprost is part of a number of anti-glaucoma drugs.
- Open-angle glaucoma.
- Various cases of ocular hypertension.
- It can be used for eyelash hypotrichosis.
Instructions for use
Eye drops with bimatoprost apply once a day, one drop in the conjunctival sac of the sore eye.
It is necessary to use this drug strictly. as prescribed by a doctor, exactly following his prescriptions.
- Itching and burning of the mucous membrane of the eyeball.
- Redness of the eyelids.
- Congestion hyperemia.
- The appearance of hyperpigmentation of the eyelid skin.
- Strengthening the growth of eyelashes.
- Change the original shade of the eyelashes.
- Possible change of direction and density of eyelash growth.
- The development of dry eye syndrome.
- Lowering intraocular pressure.
- Age up to 18 years.
- Breastfeeding period.
- Allergic reactions and all cases of hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Particular caution in the use of drugs on the basis of bimatoprost must be observed in the following cases:
- aphakia and pseudo-apacia;
- damage to the posterior lens capsule of any nature;
- the existence of a risk of macular edema;
- previous long-term therapy of diabetes;
- elevated blood cholesterol;
- nephropathy of varying severity;
- hypotension of various origin and varying severity;
- uveitis: against the background of the use of bimatoprost, the disease may progress.
Analogues of this drug can be considered all drugs, the active ingredient of which is bimatoprost. Including Kareprost, actively positioned on the market, as a means of enhancing the growth of eyelashes.
- The effect of the drug Kareprost is not constant. It is necessary to maintain regular repeated courses.
- As a result of using Kareprost, the nature and uniformity of growth of eyelashes, the direction of their growth, thickness, even color can change.
- During the course of Kareprost, it is strongly recommended to control the intraocular pressure (in order to avoid permanent violations of it).
- The color of the iris may behave quite unpredictably: during the application of Kareprost, there is a high likelihood of its hyperpigmentation (especially, with its initial dark shade); the duration of this effect is unknown, but in most cases this effect is reversible.
- When using Kareprost, you should also keep in mind the possibility of hyperpigmentation of the eyelid skin. This phenomenon is also considered reversible.
- In the case of wearing contact lenses, they should be removed fifteen minutes before using Kareprost and re-installed no earlier than at the same time after use.
- Do not apply Kareprost drops to patients under the age of 18 years.
- In case of undesirable side effects, it is necessary to immediately discontinue the use of the agent and seek advice from an ophthalmologist.
- Since Kareprost is an ophthalmologic pharmaceutical product, when deciding on the use of Kareprost to enhance eyelash growth, it is more appropriate to be guided by the opinion of an ophthalmologist and not by reviews on advertising sites.
Situations requiring consultation of an ophthalmologist:
- the appearance of any of the undesirable side effects indicated in the instructions for the medicinal product;
- decrease in visual acuity on the background of the use of funds;
- trauma of the organ of vision;
- infection of the organ of sight;
- the occurrence of any unusual symptoms or events that developed during the treatment with Kareprost.
Bimatoprost is a drug that is a component of ophthalmic drugs used in the fight against certain types of glaucoma.
However, today the drug has become widespread as a cosmetic tool that promotes the strengthening and growth of eyelashes.
The drug is indicated for:
- open-angle glaucoma;
- increased intraocular pressure;
- hypotrichosis of eyelashes, their loss;
- weak growth of eyelashes.
Drops with Bimatoprost
The substance is used in some medicines. The most common are Bimatoprost, Latisse and Gunfort drops.
Bimatoprost stimulates blood circulation, activates enhanced metabolism and provides blood flow to the eyelashes. Due to this, nutrients better penetrate the hair follicle, which ensure the growth and health of eyelashes. Also, the drug increases their volume and length. In addition, it can be applied to the eyebrows.
Drops are applied to the upper eyelid on the roots of the eyelashes with a special applicator 1 time per day. Course duration is 3 months. In case of contact with other areas of the eye, it is immediately removed with a cotton pad.
Latisse is designed to strengthen eyelashes, nourish hair follicles and general recovery. Thanks to this tool the eyelashes begin to grow faster, while becoming thicker and darker.
It is necessary to use means once a day before going to bed. Before use, you must thoroughly clean the face of dirt and cosmetics and remove contact lenses. In the package there are disposable sterile applicators, with the help of which the drops are applied to the upper eyelid along the lash line. The tool should not leak out and, if necessary, remove excess moisture.
For each eye, a new applicator is used, and after use they must be discarded.
The composition of drops Hanforth includes not only bimatoprost, but also timolol. Together they reduce intraocular pressure, increase the outflow of intraocular fluid, and reduce its formation. Gunfort is directly used as means to fight glaucoma. G enfort is applied 1 time a day in the morning. It is necessary to drip 1 drop into the conjunctival sac of the affected eye.
After the use of the drug may be temporarily lost clarity, so you need to wait some time before you get behind the wheel or do work that requires special attention. The product must not be applied if contact lenses are worn. After using the drug, you need to wait some time for the drops to be absorbed.
Interaction with other drugs
Tests studying the interaction of substances with drugs, were not conducted. In theory, it enhances the action of drugs that depress the central nervous system. These include sedatives, anesthetics, alcohol, barbiturates and opioids.
Interaction with other types of substances is unlikely due to the fact that Bimatoprost enters the blood in low concentrations. The tests also revealed no interaction with β-blockers.
Pregnancy and lactation
The drug is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation, as it enters the body and actively affects it. In addition, Bimatoprost enters the mammary glands. For these reasons, the drug should not be used in these cases.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose. Excessive use of the drug does not relieve your condition, and can also cause poisoning and serious side effects. If you know about an overdose case Bimatoprost, contact the rescue service, the nearest hospital or hospital. Be sure to take with you the packaging, container or name of the drug to facilitate the diagnosis.
- Do not pass your preparations to other people, even if they are in the same state as you, or it seems to you that your states have a number of similar symptoms, since This can lead to an overdose.
- Please consult your healthcare professional or pharmacist, and also review the information on the product packaging.
- Store the preparations at room temperature, in a cool place and away from direct sunlight. Do not expose these preparations to freezing if such a requirement is directly absent from the instructions. Keep medicines away from animals and children.
- Do not flush the drugs in the toilet or drainage system, if such a requirement is not directly in the instructions. Medicines disposed of in this way can cause significant harm to the environment. For more information on recycling Bimatoprost contact your health care provider.
- Even one trick Bimatoprost Expiry date may have serious consequences. Be sure to consult your healthcare professional if you feel weak or sore. In addition, the drug expired may lose its effectiveness in the fight against your disease. To ensure your own safety, it is extremely important to refuse to take expired medications. If you suffer from a disease that requires constant medication (heart disease, convulsions, life-threatening allergies), you need to establish a reliable channel of communication with your drug supplier in order to constantly have available fresh medicines with a normal shelf life.
When using the drug for its intended purpose – against glaucoma and increased intraocular pressure, the following side effects may occur:
- headache and dizziness;
- irritation, severe itching, burning, redness;
- eye fatigue;
- superficial keratitis
- corneal destruction;
- allergic conjunctivitis;
- reduced clarity of vision;
- pain sensations;
- temporary change in the color of the iris;
- hemorrhagic changes;
The substance has a number of contraindications that prohibit their use:
- lactation period;
- age up to 18 years;
- allergic to components of the drug.
Drops are used with caution when:
- aphakia, pseudophakia;
- risk of macula edema;
- high cholesterol;
- low blood pressure;
- damage to the posterior lens capsule;
- believe it.
Cases of overdose with local use of the drug is not fixed.
There are common drug analogues on the market that have a similar effect:
“A good result, eyelashes really grew up (not so, of course, as in numerous reviews, but still not bad), and, moreover, the color of eyelashes became darker. It is a pity that this effect quickly disappears when you stop using the drug”.
“I want to have good, fluffy eyelashes for everyone, including me. A lot of positive reviews about Bimatoprost are posted on the network. I found the drug a bit expensive, but I did not find cheaper analogues. However, after two weeks I saw the effect I really liked it. However, the side effects forced me to see a doctor who explained the mechanism of action of Bimatoprost and its analogues on the eyes and advised me to stop using it until persistent violations had formed. Beautiful cilia are, of course, good Oh, but intraocular pressure is better not to joke.”
“I used Bimatoprost for about two months to improve the state of eyelashes. I was tempted by reviews and beautiful pictures from advertising sites depicting lush, luxurious eyelashes. The result was not so luxurious. Of course, in the first two or three weeks the growth of eyelashes increased. However, then suddenly it stopped. despite the daily use of drops. My eyes began to itch and reddened. The doctor advised me to temporarily stop using Bimatoprost. The symptoms diminished, but I did not return to treatment anymore, it was too uncomfortable to be treated.”