Pregnancy during schizophrenia
In recent years, women with schizophrenia are not afraid to have children and successfully perform the functions of mothers . This is due to the new principles of treatment and care for such patients, as well as the use of atypical antipsychotics.
It is difficult for a psychiatrist to lead such pregnant women, it is also difficult for gynecologists. There is a risk of complications for the mother and fetus, and it is caused both by the possibility of recurrence of schizophrenia, and the effect of psychotropic drugs on the fetus.
It is known that for the first fifteen years after the onset of schizophrenia, a woman leads an active social and sex life. And pregnancy does not protect and does not protect against exacerbation of the disease. A woman may refuse to take psychotropic drugs, but the risk of relapse is great.
Schizophrenia can begin during pregnancy, but such cases are rare. Most often there are personality disorders. But if schizophrenia occurs during pregnancy, then the further development of psychosis will be unfavorable. In such patients, preterm labor is more often recorded, and the child has a low body weight.
Schizophrenia can cause congenital abnormalities and perinatal mortality. Patients with schizophrenia are advised to become pregnant one year after the onset of this disease. Hormones can be a means of contraception ( depomeroxyprogesterone ), but against the background of their administration, relapses of schizophrenia or depression are possible.
Oral contraceptives can interact with nicotine and psychotropic drugs ( clonazepine ), increasing the level of their concentration in serum. The use of first-generation antipsychotics, such as haloperidol , is considered safer than taking atypical antipsychotics.
The abolition of antipsychotics in the first 6-10 weeks of pregnancy can be practiced only in patients with mild forms of schizophrenia. Antipsychotics should be used in the minimum effective dose, while controlling the level of the drug in the blood. When treated with olanzapine and clozapine, CYP 1A2 activity of cytochrome P450 decreases during pregnancy.
Hallucinations and delusions as the symptoms schizophrenia
Hallucinations and rave – This is one of the main signs of acute mental disorders. Wrong to call them only signs of schizophrenia , since they can accompany and other mental illnesses . That is why in the treatment of a patient with similar symptoms, it is imperative that a thorough medical examination differentiated diagnosis.
But here we Consider these phenomena precisely in within this disease, where they are positive ( productive) symptoms of schizophrenia. Thats there is picture of the disease appears what is not maybe u man in norm
Let’s start with that hallucinations and delirium in schizophrenia These are signs of acute psychosis that require immediate treatment. qualified psychiatric care . Need to remember that on further course of the disease affects how timely and its acute manifestation was stopped. The faster the patient’s relatives take care of rendering assistance, the more favorable the prognosis. A gross mistake is what for some reason, relatives expect that the symptoms of schizophrenia will disappear yourself, or about there is simply no one to take care of the patient, and then the acute psychotic state continues to progress. Naturally in In this case, it is becoming increasingly difficult to stop it.
Hallucinations at schizophrenia
When diagnosing schizophrenia, auditory hallucinations are most often detected when a person hears those or other sounds or voices that are not in objective reality. Voices most often first comment on a person’s actions, then they can begin to criticize him, threaten him, and by as psychosis unfolds, even ordering to commit those or other actions. It is very dangerous, in first of all, for the patient himself, since he can harm itself or people surrounding it, trying, for example, to be protected from not existing objectively but available in his distorted picture of the world, danger.
Signs of hallucinations :
- the man suddenly becomes silent, starts to to listen to anything
- talking to myself (here, naturally not include man’s thinking out loud or comments on about anything he perceives or experiences in currently in reality, for example, “Where did this book disappear … “) ,
- sudden , causeless laughter,
- increasing closure, inability to focus on
Crazy disorder at schizophrenia
Rave – one more of acute signs of schizophrenia. These are certain beliefs of a person or his conclusions that are not match what surrounds it in reality. This is the most inconsistency of reality – one of The first signs that an idea, a belief are delusional. The second feature of delirium – her sustainability and the fact that no third-party reasonable counterargument given ideas give in
According to statistics, order 80% of people with schizophrenia? suffer from various kinds of delusions.
By Crazy ideas can be different in their content. So, classified:
- Delusion of relationship (observed most often). The person feels like the center of all the phenomena around him and events: the actions of all, even completely unfamiliar and randomly passing people expressing them persons driving past cars and other things.
- Brad of pursuit when the patient is sure that certain people / people / organizations intend to cause him some damage, are watching or are already causing some harm (neighbors are poisoned by gas, relatives pour in food poison and other).
- Nonsense effects (mental or physical), when a person is convinced that his thoughts, actions, experiences are not connected with his inner personal motives as well are the result of the influence of some external force: witchcraft, hypnosis, cosmic rays.
Less common but So other types of nonsense can occur.
The productive symptoms of schizophrenia may increase gradually or appear suddenly. Regardless the rate of unfolding of such an acute condition in schizophrenia, you must immediately apply for medical care. Remember: a person with such manifestations of the disease is often not able to ask about aid because the picture of the world and perception of his own state for him is very much distorted. Especially if this is the first attack, the manifestation of schizophrenia.
High-quality relief of such conditions is impossible outside the hospital. The sooner assistance is provided, the more favorable the further forecast will be.
Recommendations relatives the sick schizophrenia
what to do if a loved human schizophrenia
What should be the sequence of your actions if whom Something of do people close to you have schizophrenia? Talk to an experienced doctor. Remember that timeframes play an important role and in largely determine the success of therapy. The most common treatment for schizophrenia is to start at hospital, it should include making an accurate diagnosis, since there are quite a few options for the manifestation of schizophrenia. It is desirable that the situation around the patient with schizophrenia should be calm (one or two local chambers), so that the doctor who assists should master modern methods of psychotherapy. It is unacceptable to provide the patient with schizophrenia to himself, to exclude that activity that was interesting to him. Schizophrenic activity should be encouraged by qualified personnel who know not only medicine but and psychology. AT In some cases, it is important to strengthen the strength of the patient with schizophrenia, choosing a good nutrition for him, adequate physical therapy, massage , physiotherapy and balneotherapy Around a schizophrenic patient should not be only experienced doctors but and specially trained psychologists, social workers.
how to lead yourself with the sick schizophrenia
It is known that the course of schizophrenia is chronic, i.e. stretched in time. Despite the ongoing treatment (even with modern drugs), mental and behavioral disorders in schizophrenia are marked for a long time. Proper treatment of the patient by his close environment has a significant impact on the outcome of therapy. Below is a list of some techniques available to everyone that facilitate rehabilitation .
Do not rush. The process of restoring health can be lengthy.
- Keep calm. Excessive enthusiasm is normal, however, try to temper it. Dissent is also common. Try to take it easy.
- Explain easier. Say what you want to say clearly, calmly and confidently.
- Set limits. Everyone should know the rules. A few simple rules will help put everything in its place.
- Follow the doctor’s instructions. It is necessary to take medications as he prescribed, and only those that he prescribed.
- No drugs and alcoholic drinks to the patient. schizophrenia! They aggravate the symptoms diseases .
- Pay attention to all changes in well-being. If possible, write down and report them to the consulting physician.
- Solve problems step by step. Make changes gradually. Work on one thing.
- Let’s rest each other. Everyone needs a break. You are tired of something – it happens. Fine also sometimes to say “no.”
- Do not think about what you can not change. Something needs to be left as it is. but not leave without attention manifestations cruelty .
- Do all your business as usual. Restore the usual order of housework. Support connection with by their relatives and friends .
- Temporarily lower your expectations. Use your own impressions, comparing the results of treatment (rehabilitation) of the current month with the previous one.